Benefits of a Green Tea

Autumn is almost over and winter is about to start. The weather seems pretty good and many options to make all nerves warmer. Isn’t? Different people have different tastes and so do they have different choices. Some prefer Coffee, some tea and many guys who are die hard fan of alcohols would surely prefer wine or whiskey to stay warm*.

I hated the taste of tea when I was a kid but I started having it in college when get to know tea can be the strong supplement in preparing semester exams at night. It is difficult to clean your eyes fresh all the time and tea actually helps in defensing drowsiness. I tried only for my own reasons and I never knew I will get addicted to it. 

Tea is in the list of widely consumed beverages either it could be normal or flavored e.g. ginger or cardamom. In India, Assam, Darjeeling, HP and Kerala places are famous for tea.

A few days back I read about green tea and found very effective and useful information, refer article of live strong http://www.livestrong.com/article/410309-what-is-green-tea-its-benefits/
Picture Credits: Jasmeet Kukreja
Initially you might not like the taste but it actually helps in controlling the body metabolism in burning fat, lowering chaloestrol, to prevent diabetes and staving off dementia. It has potential to fight cancer and heart diseases.
-->
Picture Credits: Jasmeet Kukreja
Even in my office I have had seen a lot many choices of tea-bags but somehow I preferred green tea in hot-water without milk and sugar. For me, the color or the beverage, both ways green tea spruce me up a bit.

Picture Credits: Jasmeet Kukreja

Green Tea's Powerful Antioxidants

Green tea's antioxidants, called catechins, scavenge for free radicals that can damage DNA and contribute to cancer, blood clots, and atherosclerosis. Grapes and berries, red wine, and dark chocolate also have potent antioxidants.
Because of green tea's minimal processing -- its leaves are withered and steamed, not fermented like black and oolong teas -- green tea's unique catechins, especially epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), are more concentrated.
But there's still a question of how much green tea you need to drink to reap its health benefits. EGCG is not readily "available" to the body; in other words, EGCG is not always fully used by the body. I read somewhere that green tea's antioxidants are dilators, because they improve the flexibility of blood vessels and make them less vulnerable to clogging -- and antioxidant-rich blueberries and pomegranates do the same.

Green Tea benefits:
  1. Green tea is helping for cancer patients.
  2. Green tea, a safe & natural stimulant, helps you recover from workouts and gives you an energy boost.
  3. Using green tea to maintain your energy levels is much healthier & safer than most other beverages & supplements taken for this purpose.
  4. It is good for a diabetic.
  5. Recuces plaque and bacteria in your mouth.
  6. It is like mint give freshness to your mouth.
  7. Prevents dementia and food poisoning
  8. Good for skin and increase immune system.
  9. Strengthen tooth enamel and antiviral agent.
  10. As study says, it won't hurt unless you have liver problems. Also, do not take as you want to reduce your weight in one day.
  11. A few cups of tea helps in maintaining your body metabolism.
Picture Credits: Jasmeet Kukreja

Do not expect rapid results, health benefits are only possible with your continuous effort and regular healthy consumption. Also, It's not going to cure anything and it shouldn't be consumed as a drug, but it can complement the rest of the diet. It has been more than two years I have included two-three half cuttings of green tea in to my diet and belive me or not I always feel rejuvanating, balanced and fit. So would you mind giving atleast a try??

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hola! Welcome to MyReviewPad by (me), 'Jasmeet Kukreja'. I am an engineer by profession and currently a full time home maker and a blogger. MyReviewPad is all about carrying all kind of reviews be it Fashion, Travel, Beauty, Technology and you just name it, I will add that to have new experience. My another personal blog runs by a name of WandersandWords / www.girlwhowrites.in